DETROIT RALLY AND MARCH - Monday & TuesdayNovember 6th we watched the votes tally - We saw Michigan Democrats win the Senate. We saw the re-election of President Barack Obama and saw Proposal 1 come in with a NO vote. The next morning we found …
- The Emergency Manager Law had been repealed
(but nothing changed)
- Detroit’s Proposal C to ensure Corporation Counsel retained independence and the ability to prosecute Mayor Bing
(and the Mayor continues supporting the Financial Stability Agreement born through Public Act 4, which was claimed to not conform with the requirements of Detroit City Charter)
Detroit Rally and March starts this weekendWE ARE *MARCHING ON* CITY HALL MONDAY & TUESDAY MORNING AT 9AM
WE ARE *CALLING ON YOU* TO STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS AND PARTICIPATE – sitting through a revolution was never the way of accomplishing what is needed.
- We are NOT WAITING 30 days to claim victory.
- We are NOT WAITING for Detroit to have more services farmed out to private business by terms of a contract.
- We are NOT WAITING for land grabs to be complete and departments to be shut-down sending our residents into unemployment.
- We are NOT WAITING for our public buses to be privatized, or our water, or our lighting, or other departments.
- We are NOT WAITING for more of our schools to be yanked from our hands and have our children attending EAA schools established and controlled through Jim Crow Laws.
- We are NOT WAITING for the State of Michigan to push through new Emergency Manager Laws to “save us” from bankruptcy court.
- We are NOT WAITING for our elected officials to take orders from the State of Michigan on next steps in dismantling our local governments and schools.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE OF DETROIT andEXERCISE OUR RIGHT TO ASSEMBLE, TO PLAN, TO PARTICIPATE IN GOVERNMENT, TO BE AWARE
WE ARE NOT WAITING ANY MORE!
WE ARE NOT WAITING ANY MORE!
EXERCISE SELF-GOVERNANCE THROUGH OUR HOME-RULE CHARTER
EXERCISE WITH OUR FEET IN THE STREET
EXERCISE OUR VOICES HELD HIGH IN REASON AND PROTEST
EXERCISE THE FREEDOM OUR COUNTRY HAS FOUGHT FOR CENTURIES TO MAINTAIN – not overseas, here at home! Our fight for freedom is here at home! We will not be slaves to a state of confusion and despair. Our children deserve to know the hope and spirit of a brighter future. We are not sacrificing to the burdens of devastation placed on us by a CORPO-GOVERNMENT declared state of emergency.
Government SERVES the People – it is their oath of office, it is time to serve as the public demanded through a general election and insist the courts and law-makers of this land follow the will of the people. WE WILL NOT BE UNDONE BY A SYSTEM NOT OF OUR OWN CHOOSING!
Assist us by inviting those that love Detroit to march, to be THE ONES that proclaim the City of Detroit is a held by THE PEOPLE and we will not back-down.